MetallicGR

Η Intel λανσάρει επίσημα τη νέα σειρά HEDT επεξεργαστών

Ο λόγος για την οικογένεια των Cascade Lake-X, της νέας γενιάς Core επεξεργαστών για την high end desktop αγορά και παράλληλα πραγματοποιεί τη μεγαλύτερη πτώση τιμών που έχουμε δει.

Η σειρά θα αποτελείται από τέσσερα μοντέλα, ξεκινώντας από τους 10 πυρήνες και τα 20 threads με τον Core i9 10900X με ενδιάμεσες στάσεις στους 12 και τους 14 πυρήνες με τα μοντέλα Core i9 10920X και Core i9 10940X αντίστοιχα. Τα boost clocks δείχνουν ανεβασμένα από την περσινή χρονιά όσον αφορά το single thread (4.8GHz στον 18-core) όμως το σημαντικότερο στοιχείο που ξεχωρίζει φέτος είναι η τιμολόγηση και εδώ φαίνεται η επίδραση που έχει ο ανταγωνισμός της AMD τα τελευταία τρία χρόνια.

Ο δεκα πύρηνος 10900X θα ξεκινάει πλέον από τα $590 έναντι των $999 που ξεκινούσε μέχρι πρότινος, ενώ ο Core i9 10980XE που είναι ο 18 πύρηνος flagship επεξεργαστής της Intel θα τερματίζει το lineup στη τιμή των $979. Σε σχέση με τον 9ης γενιάς 9980XE που κοστίζει περί τα 2000€ το φετινό μοντέλο βρίσκεται στο μισό της τιμής που ζητούσε η Intel για 18 πυρήνες Skylake αρχιτεκτονικής.

Όσον αφορά τη τελευταία, εδώ η Intel επαναχρησιμοποιεί τη Skylake αρχιτεκτονική στην ίδια μέθοδο ολοκλήρωσης των 14nm ενώ όπως αναφέρεται στο σχετικό slide οι επεξεργαστές θα διατηρούν υποστήριξη με το socket LGA 2066 ενώ πιθανόν θα τοποθετούνται σε όλες τις τωρινές X299 μητρικές, μέχρι αποδείξεως του αντίθετου. Στην αντίπερα όχθη η AMD ετοιμάζει την ίδια στιγμή την τρίτη γενιά Ryzen Threadripper για κυκλοφορία μέσα στον Νοέμβριο και διαθεσιμότητα προς το τέλος του έτους.

big_intel-core-x-features.jpg.thumb.jpg.773b21c0367ea1946c14cec38569d5ff.jpg

big_intel-core-x-lineup-and-pricing.jpg.thumb.jpg.995c1ff8748c8242d005612e78ca1de4.jpg

big_intel-cascase-lake-x-perf-per-dollar-jump.jpg.thumb.jpg.eb1af477c2e31c96e706782067f7c365.jpg

Πηγή.

Βρείτε μας στα Social: fb.jpgtwitter.jpginsta.jpgyt.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MetallicGR said:

πιθανόν θα τοποθετούνται σε όλες τις τωρινές X299 μητρικές, μέχρι αποδείξεως του αντίθετου.

Η απόδειξη

GIGABYTE Releases BIOS Updates For Newest Intel® Core™ X CPUs

https://www.gigabyte.com/Press/News/1721

MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

Version 7A95v1D

Release Date 2019-09-18

- Support Cascadelake-X CPU

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X299-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC

Asrock 

9/19/2019

https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=BIOS

Edit:

GIGABYTE X299X Motherboards Accelerate Your Creativity

https://www.gigabyte.com/Press/News/1722

• Like 2

“You can overclock the heck out of these and get some really interesting results,” said Walton to PCGamesN. “For example, we’ve had the 10980XE, the eighteen-core processor, up as high as 5.1GHz in the lab using standard liquid cooling. And that, I believe, is all cores.”

However, Walton also cautioned that this result was obtained with a chip that in its testing labs and YMMV once you get a chip in your own rig. “Just to be clear on that, every chip is different, some chips will overclock better than others, but it is possible,” he added.

“There’s no refrigeration unit, there’s nothing like that,” Walton reassures us. “When we say ‘standard liquid cooling,’ I don’t know the specific one, but nothing out of this world.”  (απλά το τεστ έγινε στην Αλάσκα :hehe:)

https://www.pcgamesn.com/intel/core-i9-10980xe-5-1-ghz-overclock-standard-liquid-cooling

I’m an engineer who worked in Technical marketing for a while just to see what it was like. For the most part technical marketers are the least dishonest if they have a good technical understanding of things.

VPs and Product Marketing are often “economical with the truth”. For the numbers illustrating boosting over the advertised limit the conversation probably went something like this:

VP marketing to engineer: I’m really excited about the new processors. I’m hearing great things about the processing things overclocking to 5100 megavolts.

Engineer: yes, it’s exciting, don’t you mega hertz?

VP: That’s what I said. What’s the best result you have seen?

Engineer: I was doing some testing, I saw a momentary spike to 5100. It was for a couple of seconds and I can’t reproduce but it was interesting. It might have been because of a bug in a pre-alpha bios that I was running.

VP: But it happened during normal use with a standard liquid cooling, right?

Engineer: yes, but we can’t reproduce it.

VP: but it happened. Engineer: well, yes but...

VP: well done, your research is invaluable. Your approach is innovative. I’m going to nominate you for an award as long as you say you have seen this behavior if asked. Actually, your an engineer. Let’s not have you talk to people. Let me write something for you and use it as a marketing quote. No need to write anything yourself, I know exactly what you were trying to do and how it made you feel.

Engineer (understands any further discussion is futile) : ugh thanks I guess.

VP: you are now my go to guy when I need great numbers for marketing purposes! Thanks Jim.

Engineer: my names Mike.

VP. That’s what I said, thanks Jim.