MetallicGR

UPDATED: Memory Bug στις NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPUs

Έχουμε νέα απο το φιάσκο.....:hehe:

Λοιπόν ο Ρώσος προγραμματιστής Boris Vorontsov γνωστός σε όλους απο το ENB software series έκανε τα τεστ ο άνθρωπος και ανακάλυψε τελικά οτι τα 0.5Gb vram δεν χρησιμοποιούνται καθόλου και αντι αυτού οι drivers κάνουν call την RAM όταν χρειαστούν περισσότερη μνήμη για να αποθηκεύσουν τα data. :hehe:

Άρα εφόσον δεν είναι driver bug, αλλιώς θα βλέπαμε fix, μιλάμε για κάρτα με πραγματικά 3.5gb και τα άλλα 0.5 εικονικά και μη χρησιμοποιήσιμα. :hehe:

Διαβάστε εδώ τα post..

GTX 970 memory bug

Did you hear that? Alexander Blade got this card recently and we decided to test 3.5-4 gb "memory bug" which i thought can't be true (from my knowledge how hardware works and experience in 3d programming). Also i do not trust any non DOS tests, because users don't understand that vram is not empty space which always available, driver can allocate system ram too and use vram for own purposes. So, what is the simplest way to test isit hardware bug or driver bug without bothering with programming under DOS? I decided allocate all available vram in blocks (measure performance of them of course), then free blocks at beginning and reallocate them again (and test their bandwidth). The result is low performance like they are in 3.5-4 gb range. After short period of time performance is back to normal. Why? It's driver management works like that. Only driver developers can say what kind of setting they use or it's simply driver bug. Tried to post this info on several forums, but as always users like to believe what they want to believe and think everybody around with different opinion are idiots.

Update regarding "GTX 970 memory bug".

Wrote another test to check how that slow 0.5 gb memory works and again it's the same thing which driver do for a long time, that memory is stored in RAM instead of VRAM, that's why it slow. Basically, this is standart behavior for the most videocards on the market (vram is physical vram + a bit ram). What it means on practice compared to another videocards? GTX 970 have 3.5 Gb of VRAM. What i see in articles with explanation from NVidia is half-lie and of course casual people are incompenent and better to not listen to them. I don't think it's something horrible to loose 0.5 gb, but it's bad that NVidia hide such information (my own videocard with 2 gb or vram have access to 2.5 gb and nobody annonced it as 2.0 fast and 0.5 slow). So sad that all my posts on the forums were trolled, fools are always the most active and agressive, hopefully it's their own butthurt as they won't listen to professionals.

Πηγή