George_o/c

Core i7 2600K owns the Bulldozer - Updated με όλα τα official reviews!

AnandTech - AMD's 12-core "Magny-Cours" Opteron 6174 vs. Intel's 6-core Xeon

22220.png

22221.png

Benchmark Test Results Using Blender 2.5 Alpha 2 | BlenderNation

Hi dfelinto, and everyone at B.N.

1) Anandtech website change it's visual style and then some page reallocation ocurred during this transition. (3 days ago)

2) The graphics seems confuse at fisrt sight, sometimes we have to read full story articles to understand what's being done. Course, I will continue supporting them to do better tests using Blender as Benchmark tool.

The explanation of the variations of the Tests:

For Windows:

Windows Vista/7 uses a new kernel that is more preemptively scheduled than the old multitask kernel used in Win2000/XP/2003. Then the tasks are evenly distributed over the cores ( changing threads over time from processor to processor) . What's happened to Intel processors ?

The kernel changes threads over processors including HT ones that aren't real ones. My (later) suggestion to Johan was to disable HT in order to use only Phisycal processors, or set affinity manually, to improve test reliability.

In Linux:

Linux is a multitask kernel that does not change threads from processor to processor over time, and then, when a non Physical processor is found, the thread is tied to this processor until the task is finnaly done, but in this case, performance problems in HT (non Physical cores) may happen.

The test made, didn't take into account those differences, and it's not compiled to take advantage of some instructions. I've already sent an e-mail to Johan explaining those HT problems, processor scheduling problems and some more hints. That's the only way we can benefit from those tests before a decision to buy one or another Render Server. There is no Biased tests, the problem is that the setup needs to be carefully made to determine better results.

Ajusting Blender to fullfill a great number of processors is also another point, because some tiles are more demanding of processor power than others, and then, a Tile Preset for Threads seems impossible sometimes. AND, the eofw scene test is reaching its limit.

I'ts a good work to research more and more this Area. It's helpfull to persons that need to accomplish great Jobs with few Machines, Render Farmers, and even Gamers/Overclockers.

211? δεν σας είπα για τον 8120; Κοντά έπεσα, τελικά βγήκε λίγο πιο πάνω :D

Κρίμας, τυπική γρεκό νοοτροπια της αρπαχτής, ούτε bundles δεν είναι άξιοι να προωθήσουν οι ανίκανοι και ταυτόχρονα τσίμπησαν τις τιμές γύρω στο 3%-4% σε Intel μητρικές και επεξεργαστές, αληταράδες.

Κρίμας, τυπική γρεκό νοοτροπια της αρπαχτής, ούτε bundles δεν είναι άξιοι να προωθήσουν οι ανίκανοι και ταυτόχρονα τσίμπησαν τις τιμές γύρω στο 3%-4% σε Intel μητρικές και επεξεργαστές, αληταράδες.

Eχεις δικαιο σε αυτο την τελευταια εβδομαδα ειδα αυξηση 15-18 ευρο.

Ευτηχως τσιμπισα τον sandy μου τελη Ιουλιου

Δωσε λινκ φιλε

AMD - Pinnwand | Facebook

μέχρι και group κάνανε!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AMD-Give-us-all-a-better-processor/176892139059976

και μπες και youtube πάτα amd μπές channel εκεί να δεις τι λένε

http://www.youtube.com/user/AMDUnprocessed

και στο τελευταίο βιντέακι βγάλανε τα comment που τον συγκρίνει με τον 980χ

πραγματικα παιδια περιμενα κατι καλυτερο απο τους νεους επεξεργαστες τις AMD. Βλεποντας τα αποτελεσματα στα benches νομιζα οτι βγηκαν για να ανταγωνιστουν τους phenom... κριμα.

Ο μόνος τίμιος της υπόθεσης BD είναι ο 4100 στα 120?. Δυστυχώς, ο πλέον αποτρεπτικός παράγοντας είναι η κατανάλωσή τους.

Η ιστορία με τους Phenom I επαναλαμβάνεται. Τώρα θα πρέπει να περιμένουμε την Piledriver αλλά η Ιντελα θα έχει ξεφύγει ήδη με τους Ivy και SB-E.